Knowledge Base

View Entry
Subject Can I use an external charge controller to regulate my 403/AIR-X?
Author Sascha Deri
"Can I use an external charge controller to regulate my 403/AIR-X?"
The manufacturer recommends using only diversion load type charge regulators with the AIR 403. These regulators divert excess power to a heating element or power resistor when the batteries are full. This excess power can be used to assist in hot water or room heating. PV type regulators should never be used. Series type regulators that disconnect the power source when batteries are full will often give undesirable results such as causing the Autobrake to fluctuate on and off when the batteries become full.
Call toll-free
Se habla Español


0 items


browse by brand

Why buy from us? Have a suggestion? Found a bug? Save / Earn Money Sign up for our Newsletters

Customer testimonials

“Thank You very much! I am once again a happy customer, and plan to use The Alternate Energy Store again. I'll even steer some business your way, should I have the opportunity to do so.”

Robert - New Columbia, PA

more testimonials ...